Sunday, October 25, 2009

Oh no! I have "BATS IN MY BELFRY"....Umm, I mean foyer!

We have around 50 bats spinning in our foyer during Halloween.  When it comes time for Trick or Treaters, we dim the lights and it looks really spooky, with all the bats gently swaying and spinning.   When the neighborhood kids come to the door and look up to say their "Trick or Treats", all they see is tons of bats floating over our heads.  It's really fun to see some of them simply become speechless (not is a scared way, of course).  They just stare without saying a word until we snap them out of it by saying, "Happy Halloween".  ;-) 

This picture shows just a few of our bats, with the rest spinning over my head and behind me, while I snapped this shot.  Sorry...it's nearly impossible to get a good shot of these little devils. 

Blessings, Tracy

3 comments :

  1. Where did you get the Herman Munster poster? I need to get one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get the Herman Munster poster? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I purchased it 11 years ago, for around $4-4.99, through a site like posters.com, allposters.com, etc. When I did a search, I couldn't find the exact one I have, but did find this one -
    http://www.allposters.com/-sp/Fred-Gwynne-Posters_i4925666_.htm

    You could also check sites like Ebay, since I noticed that one or two have sold on that site over the years.

    P.S. - Sorry for the late response.

    ReplyDelete